Grad School Recruiter Information
The 2019 UNM McNair Scholars Research Conference and the UNM Career Services’ Graduate and Professional School Fair are two separate events organized by different programs that cooperate with each other. Because these two events are held at the same time and location it makes for an excellent opportunity for graduate school recruiters. Please read the information below to learn how you can participate in these two events:
- The 2019 UNM McNair Scholars Research Conference is organized by the UNM McNair & Research Opportunity Programs. This event is on October 3 & 4, 2019 in the Student Union Building at UNM. Only paid registrants may attend all research conference events. There will be McNair Scholars from across the country in attendance.
- The Graduate & Professional School fair is organized by UNM’s Career Services and is free for all UNM students. This event is on Thursday, October 3, 2019 in the Student Union Building at UNM.
- We hope you will attend both of these great events; keep in mind that you MUST register for each event separately!
- Some recruiters register for both events and others choose just one based on their needs or budget.
- To register for the research conference and have more interaction with McNair Scholars, click here: Conference Webpage
- Recruiters registered for our research conference have the opportunity to put on a presentation/workshop with McNair Scholars in attendance
- To register for the graduate/professional school fair click here: Grad School Fair
- All students registered for the McNair Research Conference will participate in the graduate/professional school fair from approx. 10:30 a.m. -11:50 a.m on Thursday, October 3, 2019
- All McNair Scholars have conducted research under the guidance of faculty and are planning on applying to graduate school in the near future.
- UNM is one of a handful of universities that hold the designation of both Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSI) and Carnegie Very High Research Activity (RU/VH). Total enrollment for fall 2016 was 27k on the main campus in Albuquerque.
- We will share our conference attendee information (major, email, etc) with recruiters prior to the event to allow for pre-conference recruitment.
The research conference is on October 3 & 4, 2019 and the graduate/professional school fair is only on October 3, 2019. For more information about the conference click here: Conference Webpage