2018 UNM McNair Scholars Research Conference
¡Bienvenidos! We welcome all undergraduate research scholars from all majors to participate in the 2018 McNair Scholars Research Conference at the University of New Mexico on October 4 & 5, 2018.
Where: Campus of the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, N.M.
When: October 4 & 5, 2018. Click here to see our tentative schedule of events
Conference Registration: Fee is $200 per person for students, staff and graduate school recruiters. Fee includes conference bag & materials, breakfast, lunch and dinner on October 4, breakfast and lunch on October 5. Lodging is separate. Click here to Register
Graduate school recruiters please read the following information to ensure you register properly: Grad School Recruiter Info
Lodging Info: The conference hotel is the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel. Attendees must reserve their rooms in advance of the conference. The conference rate is $106/night per room plus tax on Oct. 3, 4 & 5, 2018. Conference rate includes free airport shuttle & roundtrip transportation to and from the conference. Please reserve your rooms early because this is a very busy lodging period due to the beginning of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta on Sat., October 6, 2018. Reservation link is forthcoming.
- Meet & Network with scholars from all over the country
- Presentations evaluated by supportive faculty and graduate students
- Have the opportunity to present both poster and orally
- Participate in the UNM Career Services Graduate & Professional School Fair- normally more than 50 schools nationwide are represented
- Visit a unique part of the country; a convergence of cultural and historical traditions set in the Rio Grande Valley at the base of the majestic Sandia Mountains and between two national research laboratories
- Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta: Opportunity to experience the magnificence of this event with people from all over the world (This conference coincides with the beginning of the 2018 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta)
- Tour UNM’s beautiful campus located along historic Route 66 and visit with graduate programs in your field
- Experience New Mexican cuisine.
For Abstract and Presentation Format Info: Click Here (abstracts due Sept. 4, 2018)
Conference details will be updated as we get closer to the event.