2020 UNM McNair Scholars Research Conference
Bienvenidos, we welcome all undergraduate research scholars from all majors to participate in the 2020 McNair Scholars Research Conference at the University of New Mexico on
August 30 - September 1, 2020
Where: Student Union Building, University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, N.M.
When: August 30 - September 1, 2020*.
Conference Schedule: Link to tentative schedule.
- Excursion to the 10,000+ feet high Sandia Peak Tramway and dinner in an authentic New Mexico setting
- Meet & Network with scholars from all over the country
- Have the opportunity to present either poster or orally
- Graduate School Fair
- Visit a unique part of the country; a convergence of cultural and historical traditions set in the Rio Grande Valley at the base of the majestic Sandia Mountains and between two national research laboratories
- Tour UNM’s beautiful campus located along historic Route 66 and visit with graduate programs in your field
- Experience New Mexican cuisine.
Registration: Will be available by March 1. Registration fees for students, staff and grad school recruiters: $235 Early Bird Registation (ends July 22) - $260 Regular Registration (ends August 3). The registration fee will include the following: Meals ( dinner on Aug. 30, breakfast, lunch, & dinner on Aug. 31, breakfast and lunch, on Sept. 1), conference excursion, conference bag/materials, all conference events and graduate school fair. Lodging is not included with registration fee. Attendance at both the poster and oral presentations is free and open to the public. Registration is required for all other conference activities.
Lodging Information: Will update info by March 1. There will be conference hotel & on-campus options.
Graduate School Recruiter Information: Link to graduate school recruiter info
If you have questions, contact us at 505.277.5491 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* In previous years we held our conference during the first week of October to coincide with the opening of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. Due to campus scheduling difficulties beyond our control, we have had to select new dates that do not occur during the balloon fiesta. The new dates will actually make it easier for our guests to find flights, hotels, etc, during this year’s conference.